Friday, September 24, 2010

Madonna Gushes Over Designer Daughter Lourdes

Madonna was one proud mama Wednesday night, as the pop icon and daughter, Lourdes Leon, debuted their new Material Girl clothing line at Macy’s Herald Square in N.Y.C. And, though Madge has been a trendsetter for decades, she's giving Lourdes, 13, all the credit for their new duds aimed at younger women.
“Lola did most of the work. I just kind of hung out in the background and went, ‘That’s nice,’ but she pretty much did all of the work. I was just overseeing it,” Madonna told People.com.
But the Material Mom's offspring says that she definitely used Madonna as an inspiration for part of the line.
"There are some definite pieces [inspired by my mom]. The tulle skirt because that’s like her thing—she made that," notes Lourdes. "The necklaces, the gloves, the lace tights, the combat boots…that tough girly thing."
In the end, Madonna says, seeing her daughter flourish and embrace her passion is the best tribute she could ask for.
“Lola has been so inspiring and it’s been so great to watch her focus, her determination.” Madonna gushed. “I’ve achieved many things in my life, but I have to say watching my daughter make her dreams come true and achieve her goals is more exciting than anything I’ve ever done.”
What do you think of Madonna and Lourdes' Material Girl fashion line? Chime in below!

Marla Sokoloff Marley Shelton Mary Elizabeth Winstead Megan Ewing

No comments:

Post a Comment